A little bit of the rollercoaster I call my ever-changing life...

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Poor, poor pitiful me

I'm having a pity party. Again.

I have no friends here :( I'm reminded this about once a week. It's so hard! I can't really be BFFs with anyone I work with because I'm the HR person and it was made clear to me that shouldn't happen. Plus, the whole factor that I cannot currently drink makes it hard to make friends with 20 somethings anyhow. All people that are younger than me and fresh out of college. Why would they hang out not to drink? Oh, and even if I hang out at the bar with them I still can't drink. And I'm not above hanging out at the bar anyhow. But they don't know I'm pregnant here at work yet. So I have to make up excuses why I can't go to office happy hour. Ugh.

And try making friends with non-work people while being knocked up in the middle of winter of Pittsburgh anyhow. Not easy.

So...I pout. I won two tickets to the local comedy club tonight on the radio this morning. I was super excited! I love winning things and it doesn't happen all that often! But, Rick has plans with friends tonight that have been postponed several times so he can't go. And one of the two friends I have here can't go cause she has a funeral. And the other friend has not yet responded which for her, means she's not interested.

Poor, poor pitiful me...

No comments:

Followers

Counter

Labels

My Blog List

My Blog List